The Akai MPC Live is a standalone music production center. MPC Live makes the process of performing your studio inventions on stage incredibly seamless by combining the power of a production centerpiece with the portability and rugged design of an on stage workhorse.
At the heart of the new MPC Live is a full color 7” multi-touch screen, four touch-capacitive Q-Link controls, a clickable master encoder knob and 16 amazingly responsive, velocity and pressure-sensitive RGB pads.
Weighing in at less than 6 pounds, the MPC Live ushers in a new era of ultra-portable production. Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and packing 16 gigs of on-board storage, the MPC Live features numerous ways to take your beloved sample library and MPC sessions anywhere. Files can be accessed and transferred to the built on-board storage via the built-in SD card slot and/or two-port USB hub. If that’s not enough storage, the MPC Live also features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing additional storage via installation of a fixed hard drive – SSD or HDD (sold separately). The same USB hub can also be used for MIDI controller connectivity.
Powering Live is MPC 2.0, Akai Professional’s new update to the MPC software. Capable of running natively on the MPC Live in standalone mode, MPC 2.0 can also be run from a Mac or PC with the Live tethered to a computer. A number of major workflow enhancements have been added to 2.0, including: audio track recording, an improved time warp algorithm, refined Q-Link control, audio and MIDI drag and drop – all appearing on a new graphical interface. Future versions will support Ableton Link.
The MPC has a well-earned reputation for sounds that hit hard and sound great, right out of the box. MPC Live is no exception. Pre-installed with 10 gigs of world-class sounds, The Vault 2.0 features samples and kits from top-notch sound design companies including Capsun Audio, MVP Loops, CR2 Records, as well as our own radio-ready kits. Want to incorporate your own samples without tethering to a computer? MPC Live features a 2.5” SATA drive connector providing more storage via external hard drive – SSD or HDD. Additionally, sounds can be accessed and added to the library using the built-in SD Card slot or the USB thumb drive.
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- 7-inch full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- Internal, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD orHDD)
- 2 pairs of MIDI inputs and outputs
- 2GB of RAM
- SD Card slot
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
- (16) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit
- (8) banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- (4) 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
- (4) Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link buttons
- (1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- (22) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9” / 176 mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93 mm (width x height)
- Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
- RAM 2 GB
- Storage 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB (MPC operating system)
- (2) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (6) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pairs)
- (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
- (2) RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
- (2) 5-pin MIDI inputs (2) 5-pin MIDI outputs
- (2) USB Type-A ports (1) USB Type-B port
- (1) SD card slot
- (1) power adapter input
- via power adapter: 19 VDC, 3.42 A, center-positive, included
- via battery: lithium-ion, rechargeable, up to 4 hours of battery life
- Dimensions (width x depth x height)
- 16.7” x 8.8” x 2.7”
- 424 x 224 x 69 mm
- 5.9 lbs.
- 2.7 kg