Blackmagic Design’s Studio Camera 4K is the live broadcast camera that’s ready for multi camera Ultra HD production today–right now. It features a huge 10″ viewfinder, Micro Four Thirds (MFT) lens mount, talkback, tally indicators, phantom powered microphone connections, 12G-SDI and user upgradeable optical fiber connections that let you connect to your switcher with a single cable. The advanced 4K model is switchable to 1080 HD, so you can work in HD today, and always be ready for Ultra HD production.
You can produce multiple camera live production at any location. Its super-bright, large viewfinder, and compact size make it great for talk shows, sitcoms, and broadcast news in the studio, or even live concerts, as well as sporting events. It has an incredibly lightweight, compact design, foldable sunshade, and interchangeable lenses (sold separately), so you can pack an entire multi camera live production rig into a single road case. And because it’s so easy to setup and use, the Blackmagic Studio Camera is also terrific for corporate AV departments, houses of worship, schools, and more.
Ultra HD is the broadcast standard of the future with 4K content already being delivered to consumers today via web video channels such as YouTube and Vimeo. New Ultra HD displays deliver a picture that has 4 times the resolution of 1080 HD—a massive 3840 x 2160 pixels. From the newsroom to live sporting and theatrical events, there’s no faster way to capture the beauty and realism of Ultra HD 4K than to record a live switched program with Blackmagic Studio Cameras.
This camera is housed in a compact, durable magnesium alloy body with innovative technology that makes it the most rugged, portable, and advanced studio camera in the world. You get a huge 10″ viewfinder with sunshade for optimal viewing and control in a range of lighting conditions, a flexible MFT mount that gives you more lens options than any other studio camera, multiple mounting points, and professional broadcast connections. Engineered with the latest miniaturization technology and features, the Blackmagic Studio Camera is the world’s most advanced camera specifically designed for multiple camera live production.
Lenses – Support for virtually any lens (Note: lenses sold separately). Its active MFT lens mount is compatible with an incredibly wide variety of high quality photographic lenses. Additionally, third party lens mount adapters let you use massive PL cinema lenses, or even use traditional B4 ENG broadcast lenses.
The Blackmagic Studio Camera works with a wide array of professional broadcast camera accessories (accessories sold separately), and can be customized to meet your production needs. You get an active MFT lens mount, standard audio and video connections, and (10) 1/4″ mounting points for adding a virtually limitless range of accessories like rails, matte boxes, teleprompters, and more.
NOTE: Blackmagic does not include IEC cables on this product. View our professional cables for IEC options.
- Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K
- Sun Shield and attaching screws
- Turret Dust Cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- SD card with software and manual
- Effective Sensor Size: 13.056mm x 7.344mm
- Focus: Auto focus. Peaking mode.
- Lens Mount: Active MFT Mount
- Lens Control: Iris, focus, zoom on supported lenses.
- Dynamic Range: 11 Stops.
- Screen Dimensions: 10.1″ – 1920 x 1200
- Screen Type: 10.1″ – TFT-LCD
- Controls: Push button controls for navigating menus.
- Mounting Options: 2 x 3/8″ tripod mount. 4 x 1/4″-20 UNC thread mounting points on top of camera, 3 x 1/4″ 20 UNC thread mounting points left on right of camera.
- Total Video Input: 1 x SDI
- Total Video Output: 1 x SDI
- SDI Rates: 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G.
- Optical SDI: Supports optional SMPTE optical module (sold separately)
- Optical Fiber Input/Output: 12G Optical Fiber Input and Output. Optical fiber SFP modulesold separately
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x XLR, with phantom power.
- Analog Audio Output: Aviation headphone (Fixed Wing Plugs) output for talkback and audio monitoring.
- Reference Input: Tri-Sync or Black Burst.
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channels in 12G-SDI 48Khz and 24 bit. 2 channels for talkback on channel 15-16.
- Remote Control: 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Iris Control and Focus. SDI CCU control from ATEM.
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates.
- Microphone: Integrated stereo microphone.
- Built-in Speaker: n/a
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59.94 and 2160p60
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94 and 1080i60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M Level B, SMPTE 2081-1, SMPTE 2082-1
- SDI Audio Sampling: 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Controls: Push button controls for navigating menus.
- External Control: Blackmagic SDI Control Protocol. 2.5 mm LANC connection for lens control.
- Color Corrector:
- Color Corrector: DaVinci YRGB.
- Talkback And Tally:
- Live Tally Indicator: 1 x for talent, 1 x for operator.
- Talkback: SDI Channels 15 and 16.
- Software Included: Blackmagic Camera Setup for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS Sierra or later.
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Power Requirements:
- External Power Input: 1 x 4-pin XLR port for external power or battery use.
- Optional Accessories (sold separately):
- SMPTE compatible SFP Optical Module
- ATEM Talkback Converter 4K
- Environmental Specifications:
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
- Storage Temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Product Warranty: 12 Month Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty.