The DMX Terminator plugs into the feed-through connector of the final DMX device on a control cable. Using the DMX Terminator improves signal reliability by preventing reflections and reducing ringing. The DMX Terminator features a “happy” LED that illuminates when a strong DMX512 signal is present. The Terminator also incorporates three Tranzorb transient absorbing diodes to suppress spikes that can appear on the control cable during electrical storms. Radio frequency interference (RFI) is bypassed to chassis ground via the .001uF capacitance of the Tranzorb diode.
- Connector: 5 pin male, gold plated contacts (Available in 3 pin)
- Indicator: Low current red light emitting diode(LED) illuminates on signal strength of 2 volts or greater.
- Indicator circuit: 2K series resistor limits the LED’s effect on termination performance.
- 1N4004 diode across LED protects against reverse voltage.
- Termination resistance: 120 ohms +/- 10% between pins 2 & 3
- Termination power capacity: 2 watts
- Transient absorbing capacity: 500 watts
- Transient clamp time: Less than 5nS (0.000000005 seconds)
- Transient clamp voltage: Approximately 7 volts
- Transient absorber locations:
- – Pins 2 and 3 clamped to pin 1.
- – Pin 1 clamped to shell.
- – Between pins 1 & 2: .001 uF
- – Between pins 1 & 3: .001 uF
- – Between pin 1 and shell: .001 uF
- Size and weight: 1.9″ long, 0.8″ maximum diameter, 1 ounce