The Shure BLX14R/MX53 brings presenters, teachers, clergy, and lecturers a cost-effective wireless earset microphone system with quality sound, simple setup, intuitive operation, and dependable performance right out of the box. It includes the rugged BLX4R single-channel receiver with LCD display, adjustable output level, and removable antennas for rackmounting the unit—ideal for A/V installations and sound-reinforcement applications.
The BLX14R/MX53 also includes a tan MX153 omnidirectional subminiature earset microphone with collar clip and windscreen, and a bodypack transmitter. The earset’s ultra-lightweight, comfortable, and flexible design is discreet, stable, and easy to place over either ear. The receiver features one-touch QuickScan frequency selection to quickly search 123 available frequencies and locate a clean RF channel in case of interference. It provides up to 14 hours of continuous use with two AA batteries, at a range up to 300′. Up to 12 mic channels can operate simultaneously in each frequency band.
This system is well suited for hands-free speech in small venues, wedding halls, and houses of worship, as well as conference, educational, and corporate facilities.
Omnidirectional Earset Mic Optimized for Speech
Lightweight Bodypack Transmitter
Easy-to-Use Rackmount Receiver for Quality Audio
The BLX4R receiver employs a microprocessor-controlled antenna diversity system to improve the quality and reliability of your wireless audio. The receiver can be rackmounted with the included hardware, allowing you to position the two removable antennas on the front of the rack for optimal signal reception.
The LCD display shows group and channel settings, and allows you to meter audio level and signal strength. An LED indicator even lets you keep an eye on the transmitter’s remaining battery life. The unit offers 1/4″ and XLR connectors with adjustable output level for flexible connectivity to PA systems and mixing boards.
A Versatile System to Meet Your Needs
Shure offers a variety of headset, instrument, and handheld microphone options to adapt your BLX system as your needs evolve.
- The discrete WL185 lavalier mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The SM35 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance.
- Instrumentalists can attach the WB98H/C flexible gooseneck instrument microphone for brass, woodwind, and percussion applications.
- The WA302 guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass.
- The BLX2 handheld transmitter is available with three different mic capsules for presenters who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone.